William Lightfoot
 
Street:  Francis
 
Construct. Period:  1725-1749
 
Roof:  Gambrel
 
Dormer Style:  Gable Dormer
 
Approx. Date:  1738
 
History:  Philip Lightfoot, planter and attorney, probably built the house between 1733 and 1740. His grandson, William Lightfoot, inherited the house and owned it until his death in 1809.
 
Structure:  This is a story and one-half house with an entrance and wide hallway at the left end of the house and two rooms deep on the right. The staircase is in the hallway.
 
Chimneys:  The house has an interior chimney on the right edge of the house that serves fireplaces in the two rooms.